Wells Community Hospital Trust – North Norfolk
This is an exiting time to get involved in Wells Community Hospital Trust.We are at a pivotal point in our history and to help us in the next chapter of our journey, we are looking to recuit some new trustees to our board.
The current trustee board is strong and vibrant; committed to making a positive difference in our local community. Now we are looking to expand its skills base so that we are well prepared for the future. We would particularly like to hear from people who have experience, skills and expertise in the following areas:
• Wells-next-the-Sea, or surrounding area, resident
• Wide local contact base
• Understanding of Charity Law & Regulations
• Understanding of Health & Social Care community needs
• Understanding of financial management in a business and charity context
• Experience of income generation
• Willingness to engage in fundraising events and activities
• Broad experience of Governance
• Ability to commit to attending up to 5 Board meetings & one AGM per year
• Willing to represent the organisation to other bodies and attend events of behalf of the board as required
• Sound business understanding & experience of strategic planning
• Experience of marketing & public relations
• Energy & drive
If you believe that you have the experience and skills to help us on our journey, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Board meetings are held up to 5 times a year with other time commitments including attending various fundraising and networking events throughout the year.
Wells Community Hospital Trust is a local charity that provides a wide range of flexible and integrated health & wellbeing services for the community we serve.
We support people locally to keep independent longer by the provision of high quality preventative clinical services and non-clinical therapeutic support within a safe environment. We are an important community resource which addresses a wide range of social, emotional and practical needs holistically thus enabling people to take greater control of their own health.
For more information or an application pack, please get in touch with Samantha Taylor, General Manager, on 01328 711996 or email@example.com
2. Collection Tin Co-ordinator
Wells Community Hospital Trust – North Norfolk
Are you friendly, confident and reliable and have a few hours to volunteer each month? Then we want to hear from you!!!
Volunteer Collection Tin Coordinator required for North Norfolk and surrounding area to coordinate & place collection tins in our local community to help raise awareness of the work we do, raise funds and build relationships.
What will I be doing?
Firstly, using your local knowledge, you’ll be getting out into our community, talking to local businesses about having a tin on their counters
Once the tins are placed, you’ll role will be all about building relationships with these business to ensure longer term support of WCHT. You will be re-visiting sites to collect tins on a regular basis and will be responsible for counting all money raised
You’ll be tasked with keeping clear, accurate records of where the tins are located, how much each site has raised and keeping WCHT up to date on a regular basis
This position is perfect for those who are looking for a role that offers flexibility. You can volunteer when you have time and around other work or family commitments.
What skills and attributes do I need?
- Good record keeping skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of our local area would be an advantage, as is access to a vehicle
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Basic IT skills – access to the internet and an email account are essential
- Communication , Initiative , Influence
How much time do I need to commit?
The role is flexible so you can fit volunteering around work or other commitments. In order to place and manage a minimum of 12 tins we suggest that you would need to make an initial investment in time in placing the tins, after which there would be a cycle of collection, counting every 2- 3 months.
What support will I be given?
- Volunteer Welcome Induction
- We’ll provide you with collection tins, seals and instructions
- Reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses
What will I get from volunteering?
Meet new people and make new friends in your community
Volunteer around your other commitments and gain the satisfaction in knowing you’re making a real difference.
Where will I be based?
You’ll be volunteering within your our area and carrying out tasks from home.
Please contact us on 01328 711996 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information